Friday, October 26, 2007

Did all of the Bible come from God or is some of it the invention of human writers?

(From Pastor Johnson's sermon)
If there is absolute moral truth then it has to come from God himself.

And that means that all of the Bible has to come from God himself.

Thousands upon thousands of so-called Christians believe that a good part of the bible is the invention of human writers.

Dr. Martin Luther says in his large catechism: "We know that God does not lie. I and my neighbor, in fact, all men, may err and deceive, but the Word of God cannot lie."

2 Peter 1: 20 (New American Standard) But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God

2 Timothy 3: 16, 4: 3,4 All Scripture is inspired by God...For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

2 comments:

Guitarman said...

I like what you're doing here on your Blog! Hope you don't mind if I linked you. I recently did a blog called Cain and Abel where I jotted down all my sermon notes from Sunday's service. Of course I get no comments on these but I'm hoping people are reading them as they're simple and straight forward biblical truths. God Bless

Gabrielle Eden said...

Hi guitarman. Glad you linked me. It took a while to see this comment. I just bookmarked you and I'll probably link you soon. Like your blog.