Sunday, October 21, 2007

Don't Take The Truth For Granted

I went with my folks to a little church where my dad served briefly as an interim pastor during his career. The pastor gave a sermon in which he related some statistics he got from Josh McDowell's ("Evidence That Demands A Verdict") site. I don't have the statistics, but it's some staggering statistics about churched, not un-churched youth in America, who don't believe that Jesus is the son of God, and that He is the only way to God, or that the bible is the true word of God and that their belief (or lack of belief) lead to lack of morals.

It made me realize how I take for granted the truth that I have been given, the truth that my parents brought me up in and the truth that I am constantly surrounded by as I always find churches that preach the truth and I always find Christians in places such as on the internet (!) who believe and preach the truth.

I didn't realize how many churches out there preach lies, or leave out the facts, like Joel Osteen's church.

No comments: