Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Healing Mandate

'Certain people leave our lives forever changed. In 1988, I met Mike Turrigiano, a Vineyard pastor who told stories about praying for the sick, caring for prostitutes and the homeless, and moving in prophetic revelation. The text for his message was 1 Corinthians 4: 20: "The kingdom of God is not a matter of words but of power." That verse and the realities that Mike was moving in were forever imprinted on my spirit.

I hunted him down at the end of the meeting and, in the course of our conversation, Mike referred me to his mentor and spiritual father, John Wimber. I devoured his writings and audio tapes, for they opened to me a whole new world. I had never seen it before: "Jesus was either on His way to heal someone, was healing, or had just come from healing." "The supernatural is inseparable from the Gospel. it is the good news. Anything less is 'another gospel', and not good news."

As I have continued to read, study and pray, I "see" with ever-improving acuity the supernatural healing mandate and kingdom authority that is ours in Christ.'

Guy Chevreau in Turnings. Order book here.

No comments: