Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Man Who Couldn't Sleep


My initial reaction was: you sow death, you reap death. Back when Brokeback Mountain came out, I was cursing the movie on my blog. I took that post off because I was becoming rabid! The movie was about making us gay friendly, and according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, that is what the movie succeeded in doing!

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Heath Ledger was a young man who was not comfortable in the things he was promoting. He was restless and disturbed - a good sign. His soul wasn't satisfied.

Where is he now? Where is his soul? "It is appointed man once to die, and then comes the judgment." (Hebrews 9:27) Scary. Does just having a God-shaped vacuum count in God's eyes?

Just heard about Brad Renfro too, who I saw in the movie, The Cure.

Here is an article on Heath

No comments: