Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Epicenter - more thoughts

Now that I have finished the book, I just want to add that I was trying to figure out what Rosenberg thinks is going to happen to us - the U.S., and was worrying a little about it. What he is saying seems very plausible - that the United States will back down from defending Israel by the time Russia and Iran decide to attack. America will become self-centered and decide that to save herself it will be better to stay out of the way. That is one of the theories, but easy to believe the way things are headed.

But it also causes me to wonder where we'll be at if Russia and Iran gain that much power. It is very scary.

We have hope. We are told to expect Christ's return at any moment. This is exciting. In the meantime, there is going to be so much conversion, and we can be a part of sharing the gospel. We can gladly give up our lives for that cause, knowing we have the hope of heaven.

I would like to live in Israel, but I don't know if living in the safest place is my priority. I want to be where I can be used by God most effectively, and that may mean losing my safety or my life.

2 comments:

billgraver said...

I know of a little ministry in Thailand that could use your help...

:-)

Gabrielle Eden said...

I'm chuckling! Thanks, Bill. I'm keeping that one in mind and in prayer.