Friday, April 25, 2008

Life With Senior Citizens

I'm doing home health care for my dad through an agency, which is extra income for me, so that's nice, and it keeps my dad at home instead of going to a nursing home, so that's good. The only problem is that life with seniors means you hear a lot about bowel movements, and at the most inappropriate times.

My mother reports on my dad's bowel movements - "Dad had a good B.M. today," just when I'm sitting down to eat. Sometimes it's when I'm eating chunky peanut butter.

Tonight she reported her own bowel movements were a problem, and that at supper. I think I was eating something with brown beans. Ah yes folks - it doesn't get any better than this. This is the life!

2 comments:

Guitarman said...

And this is why I will never ever go on one of those senior trips to Branson. I've heard when you use the rest room on the bus, everyone asks you to give them a report on your successes......or failures!

Gabrielle Eden said...

Ah, yes.....it's so exciting.....!