Friday, May 9, 2008

Dare We Pray About Gas Prices?

A friend sent me a story about a guy who believes it is possible to challenge the price of gas with prayer. I thought about this the other day when I went to my old church - a funky, small, charismatic church headed by two women who believe very strongly in the power of prayer. The were holding a Saturday morning women's breakfast, and they began with an all-church prayer session. One of the prayers on their agenda was bringing down the price of gas. One of the two women pastors is so funny, because she really prays in a matter of fact way, with a child-like faith, totally believing in what she is asking for.

As she prayed I thought, "can we believe for this, or are we going to have to suffer the high price of gas, and watch it keep soaring, and hang on until the rapture?"

4 comments:

Lea said...

Something I think people forget is that the price of gas today is largely driven by demand. If demand were reduced, prices would go down.

Gabrielle Eden said...

That's what my mom says too, that demand has increased in places such as China. We simply need to shift from our dependence on oil worldwide, don't we?

Guitarman said...

I'd say yes pray about the prices regulating and even coming down. But pray also that God gives you the spirit to not despair over it.

Gabrielle Eden said...

I will do that, guitarman. This just in: my sister, visiting here from Germany, says the price of gas in Germany is $9.00 per gallon!!!!!