Saturday, August 23, 2008

Responding to Penny again...

I don't want to continue going back and forth about this. You seem to be pretty decided about Obama. Because of this stuff you have sent me, I know now that I don't support either one. I can believe that McCain is not in favor of Martin Luther King Jr Day because I've heard that Arizona was slow to adopt it as a holiday. McCain is starting to look pretty bad to me after seeing the stuff on YouTube. I think both sides are much less than adequate and I can't believe we are stuck with them. What are the next few years going to be like? I can see now why evangelical Christians have been reluctant to support McCain.

You don't need to try to convince me, however. I don't feel good about Obama and it's a gut level feeling. He's not a clean and godly type of man, I know that for sure. There's no fixing that in my mind.

I don't really know what to do now as far as voting responsibly. I need to pray on this. Pray for me.

The question left in my mind: how did we come up with these candidates?

2 comments:

Lea said...

Note: A glitch occurred when I tried to post this comment, so if it is a duplicate, please delete it (sorry!).

Gabrielle, I'm curious as to how can you say you know for sure Obama is not a clean and godly man. I watched his interview with Rick Warren and found his answers to be thoughtful and sincere. I read a Newsweek article about his faith journey and was impressed. CNN had "Barack Obama Revealed" this week, and his story is a classic American story of a common person pulling himself up by his bootstraps. Is he a perfect man? No -- who is?

If you don't want to vote for Obama, fine. But calling saying he's not "clean" -- I don't get that.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Ok, I should edit that. I have to admit that I don't know anything for sure. I can only speculate based on what I have a gut level feeling about based on what I've seen and heard, based on what he seems to be, and based on past experience. He doesn't feel right.

This was a duplicate but I just didn't post the first one. I've had that trouble with my comments.