Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why I am no longer a liberal

My sister writing about why she is no longer a Democrat inspired me to write about why I am no longer a liberal.

Number one reason: I grew up.

When I was younger, I didn't give a rip about anything. And I didn't know anything. And I didn't care that I didn't know anything. When Jimmy Carter became president, I heard that he was a born again Christian and a peanut farmer, so I thought that was really cool. I didn't know anything else about him. When Reagan was president, I resented his authority and his conservatism. When I voted for Clinton, it was because I thought he was sexy. I liked pictures of him with his cat Boots. I thought of him as the Chosen one. (Does any of this sound familiar?) Wow! People are allowed to vote based on such stupid criteria!

When I was being a poll challenger yesterday, I realized that a large portion of the population is not very bright. But then I realized that for a large part of my life, I wasn't too bright either.

Young people, don't kid yourself! As you get older, you get smarter.

I'll add to this.

No comments: