Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Quiz

I found this over at Sherri's blog Matter of Fact.

You can consider yourself tagged if you like this quiz.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
if I get lazy - gift bags. I prefer gift bags. What does that say about me?


2. Real tree or Artificial?
I love real trees, but my parents, being older, have an artificial one they put up every year that looks pretty good. I live with them, so....

3. When do you put up the tree?
We procrastinate - wait til about the second week of December.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Until like the twelfth day of Christmas - ha!

5. Do you like eggnog?
Love it! And remember the scene in Christmas vacation with Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid and the egg nog - love that scene!



6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A huge, red stuffed dog.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My sister's husband.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom - I always know what she needs.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have a cool designer one.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I hadn't even thought of Christmas e-cards. But things are always leaning towards the e-method.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A second hand radio. My parents were scrimping and didn't have much money. I had a hard time understanding that as a kid.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a toss up between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story from 1983. they've become classics.

13. When do you start shopping?

Sometimes early in the year, sometimes a few days before - depends.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes - ha!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

A cool recipe of my mother's - cranberry steamed pudding topped with a melted butter sauce. Unbelievable!

16. Lights on the tree?
Sure.


17. Favorite Christmas song?

O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
No. Rudolph, Dander, Blitzen. I think those are three.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star with Jesus on it.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve.


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

Playing those old songs over and over.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

Red.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?,

Turkey.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

Clothes.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this?

?


27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
?



28. What was your most memorable magical memory from your adulthood?
All of my magical memories related to Christmas are in my childhood.

29. Have you ever been involved in a Christmas gift prank?

Yes. Faking someone out by putting a tiny gift inside a huge box.


30. Favorite Christmas Cartoon?
Charlie Brown

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I share the love of the same two Christmas movies, and yes, the eggnog scene in Christmas Vacation is my faorite ( "It's good. It's good.")
I'd love to have your pudding recipe. I'm a collector of recipes. Love to try new things.

Gabrielle Eden said...

OK Sherri - I'll go find that recipe!