Monday, December 8, 2008

Sexual Sin and Violence

I've always found it interesting that in Malachi, God equates divorce with violence.
Malachi 2:16 (New King James Version)

16 “ For the LORD God of Israel says
That He hates divorce,
For it covers one’s garment with violence,”
Says the LORD of hosts.

“ Therefore take heed to your spirit,
That you do not deal treacherously.”

I've pondered that, and also been troubled over the violence that may exist in my own soul, as the Holy Spirit uncovers un-forgiveness, bitterness, hatred, which is murder.

I've thought about the years of struggling with sexual sin, and the connection between that sin and violence which is connected to murder. I'm trying to get all of that out of my life now, especially as I live with a gentle woman who would never divorce her man, as bad as he may have treated her, and as I associate with a sister who would never divorce her husband, as bad as he may have treated her as well, when I would have divorced these men in a heartbeat.

My own problems with sexual sin may stem from problems with a bad relationship with my father, and a not-so-ideal role model relationship to look at in my parents. I probably reacted to what I saw in my father with negative reactions of violence of my own, because there was violence in him.

I haven't been divorced, but fornication is a relative of divorce. There has been the need for forgiveness. All that is taking place now.

No comments: