Monday, December 1, 2008

Slavery To Sin

When a person comes to Christ, he still can have a lot of sin in his life. This is one of the hardest realities we have to face. The amount of sin a person can still have in his life can be overwhelming, and it does huge damage to oneself and to others.

I realized this when I struggled with sexual sin. It was in my life even when I hungered and thirsted for Christ in a big way. It was a snare even though I sincerely sought to be free.

It is the sins of God’s people that can be the biggest problem in our world. God said that it was His own people’s sins that He was most concerned about when He said, “if my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and heal their land.” 2 Chron 7:14

This may seem incomplete, but then I wrote an essay entitled “Win Over Sin” that talks about how to get free of sin.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Gabrielle! I read your post and I don't have anything wise to say, but I wanted you to know I am here. God bless you.

Sherri said...

Read your essay.

You are very transpaent Gabrielle.

I love it when people are just REAL.

The scriptures prove to us that Jesus is more concered about our heart, and getting to the bottom of WHY we behave the way we do as opposed to us constantly trying to modify our own outward behavior. He wants to modify our hearts, which, when modified, will automatically show through our behavior.

Very good, honest essay. lots of food for thought.

Sherri said...

Please take my quiz on my site.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Thanks Helen and Sherri for the loving comments.

I'll go look for that quiz Sherri.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Sherri - I don't see a quiz other than the Christmas quiz which I posted to my site and changed the answers to, as it should be. Which one are you talking about?

Sherri said...

It would be at the top left of the blog site.