Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm Sorry Anonymous

I'm sorry I deleted your comment.

I got one of those comments that's basically a hate comment, so I deleted it, then realized it was my opportunity. So now I will try to answer Anonymous' three questions that seem to have stemmed from my post about Obama's recent decisions regarding DOMA and FOCA.

1. How many abortions have YOU had?

Please refer to my post "My own 'I didn't have an abortion story'" from Go Free Now. In it you'll discover that I didn't have an abortion, but wanted to. I struggled with wanting to, but the Holy Spirit, which God so graciously placed within me, wouldn't allow me to have one. It is by God's grace, and grace alone that I didn't have one.

2. Are you straight?

I am "straight" but by God's grace. I definitely have all the makings for being a twisted girl, a girl who lusts after her own sex, a homosexual. My wounded relationship with my father, my mother who dominates and has taken the place of my father in many ways - it probably makes for a homosexual. But by God's grace, I am not. I have had perverted thoughts, especially after times when I have given in to heterosexual lust - to sex outside of marriage with men. That opens the door also to perversion.

Read more about my experience and thoughts on homosexuality in my post "It's not gay, it's queer."

Paul said it best:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is a gift of God, not as a result of works, that no one should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

I cannot boast. I have been saved by faith. I have been given God's righteousness by faith. It is a gift of God. Thank you Jesus for your gift of salvation and grace.

Question 3:

How can you let your cat be that unhealthy?

I am not sure what anonymous is referring to, but I read in a book that cats can be fat (not obese) and still be healthy. My cat is not as fat as he looks (long hair.) He can still run and jump and his plumpness makes him ever so cute. I don't believe in spending lots of money on expensive cat food such as Science Diet. If you have to spend money on that, you maybe shouldn't have a pet. I buy my cat all natural cat food. That's as much as I'm willing to spend. People are starving in places in the world. But anyway, my cat is very healthy, thank you for your concern.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Gabrielle, do you know what I find ironic? If I complain about the media being too sexualized, or biased, or whatever, liberals feel free to tell me that I am free to not watch it, yet this person, Anonymous, who is obviously bothered by your pro-life stand, and perhaps other things that make you at least seem conservative, and Anonymous hasn't figured out that he/she can just move on. Instead, he/she tries to go for the jugular and make it personal.
I didn't realize that you are a mother. God bless you for recognizing the preciousness of the life that was within you.

Gabrielle Eden said...

No, Helen, the bizarre twist to that story is that I didn't have an abortion, and it ended up as a miscarriage. I, like you, am not a mother. Just a mother of cats is all I've ever been.

I hear what you're saying about anonymous, but what I decided is that anon. needs to know that I am not righteous in my own standing. This is what non-believers seem to need to understand. We don't make a stand against these sinful things because we are incapable of sin ourselves. We are sinners saved by grace and grace alone.

sherri said...

Gabrielle, YOU are THE most transparent person I know.

ANd you know I love transparent people.

A very brave thing you did here.

I think that always the best way to handle people when they are "attacking" us is to give our own personal "story".

SOmetimes questions may sound "catty" (sorry) just because we don't know where the other is coming from.

I have 2 friends that have had abortions, and I still love them. And always will. I know their "story" so it makes me merciful to them. They know my "story" and know why I am pro- life. But we still all love each other although I don't think we'll ever agree on that subject.

You were very bold here- sharing so candidly about very personal issues.

I hope anonymous, and anyone else can respect you for your heartfelt views regardless if they share them or not.

And your cat is beautiful!

Gabrielle Eden said...

Sherri, I don't know what to say - you are very generous. You may not think I'm so transparent when you find out I'm using a fake name! Ha!

inklenaomi said...

Isn't it just like the pro choice people to worry about the health of an animal that can't figure out how to follow you through a door...yet they stand by while baby human beings are pulled out, cut up into little pieces and discarded!

Gabrielle Eden said...

Hmmmm Inklenaomi, I didn't even make that connection...so true,and my cat is well cared for. People in some countries would love to eat like my cat!