Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Time When I Felt Loved

Sherri at Matter of Fact asked us to tell about a time when we felt loved and I thought I'd publish that story here.

It was during the time of the Persian Gulf War. I was having a manic episode. I decided that Minneapolis was too evil to stay in and drove off in a car west of the Twin Cities to Hutchinson, Minnesota. My car broke down there, in January. I went into a restaurant, ordered some food, and when I couldn't pay for it because I had no money, the police came. They determined that I was delusional and took me to the station where they called my folks. (God bless them for not taking me to a hospital - small towns are less likely to do that.)

My dad came out immediately. He asked me what I wanted to do. I wanted to be put up in a motel because Minneapolis was too evil to stay in, so my dad paid for a local motel and I stayed there overnight. In the meantime, he took care of my car, and had gone back to the Twin Cities to sleep, then returned the next morning to have breakfast with me.

Even though I was delusional I was so aware of how my dad loved me. It was one time when his love just shone.

After that I had to be convinced to go back to Minneapolis, and I was admitted to a hospital for a short period of time.

Can you think of a time when you felt truly loved by someone?

2 comments:

sherri said...

Thank you for the LINK OF LOVE.

This is such a beautiful story in that it ended well, and you felt your Father's love.

You are so candid Gabrielle. I love that about you.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Thanks to you Sherri - I'm speechless!