Thursday, March 19, 2009

"God's Generals" by Roberts Liardon


Subtitle: "Why they succeeded and why some failed."

Whew! I thought I was a crazy charismatic! Liardon writes compassionately, but he writes so honestly, that you get a true insight into the lives of these great people of faith. Their lives had many bumps in the road!

When God is moving so powerfully, Satan was surely there trying to exploit every weakness these people had. Like my mother says, true stories about people are so interesting. She has been reading this book at the same time with me.

This is an account of the lives of people such as Smith Wigglesworth, John G. Lake and Katherine Kuhlman. it is interesting that the people who came after the era of the media seem to have been somewhat corrupted by the media.

Despite the things that made some of these people's lives unstable and made them fail in certain points, they are all people who went for God with abandonment, and the book makes my mouth water for more of God and to be in a place where I am being used by Him to truly reach and help people.

These were amazing people who set the world on fire! This is quite the book!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

I'm reading this now and find it absolutely fascinating and you're right, the writing style is such that it totally draws you in. I'm really enjoying it.

Gabrielle Eden said...

It is a good book!