Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Herb Mjorud's Pray-Reading The Word

To read an introduction to Herb Mjorud, go here.

I confess You Jesus Christ as Lord of my life. I know that my sins are forgiven because You are the Lamb of God Who took away the sins of the world. Jo 1: 29 Your blood was shed for me and when I called upon Your name, confessing my sins, inviting You to come into my heart, you forgave me and came into my heart, and set me free of the damning power of sin and guilt.

I reckon myself now dead to sin and alive to God in and through You, Lord Jesus Christ. Ro 6:11

As You “were wounded for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities,” You also “took our infirmities and bore our diseases.” Mt 8:17, Is 53:4,5

Your Word explicitly says, “with your stripes we are healed,” so therefore in Your eyes I am already made whole. In light of Your Words I give no place to sickness or infirmities in my body for You “have sent forth your Word to heal me.” Ps 107:20

Jesus, You said You “came to give me life and to give it to me more abundantly,” Jo 10:10 and You said that I am “more than a conqueror through You Who loved me.” Ro 8:27 and “gave Yourself for me” and therefore I know you have given me victory over Satan, sickness and infirmities as well as over sin by Your death upon the cross.

Your victory is my victory for You won it for me so I reach out and take total victory. I say with Paul, “But thanks be unto God, Who in Christ, ALWAYS LEADS US IN VICTORY.” II Cor 2:14

Lord Jesus, I believe Your Word and I stand on Your Word, inclining my whole being to hear Your Word, to understand Your Word and to keep Your Word with all my heart and soul for I know Your Words are “life and healing to all my flesh.” Pr 4:20-22

Because You “took my infirmities and bore my diseases” I refuse to allow infirmities and diseases to dominate my body. Your Holy Spirit is within me (Jo 14:17) and He is mediating Your healing virtue that You have won for me for the whole of my body.

I claim my body as a living sacrifice unto You, as a temple for the Holy Spirit, and therefore my body belongs to You. You indwell me and Your life permeates my soul and spirit and now my body as well so that I am filled with all the fullness of God in the here and now. Eph 3:14-21

Because You are in me and Your Word says “I am the Lord that heals you,” (Ex. 15:20) I claim healing for my body and I speak to my body, saying, “In Jesus’ Name, receive your healing.”

Therefore I believe that Your healing virtue is flowing into my blood, into my immune system, bringing all my glands into perfect function, so that my body is responding to Your Word even as did the body of Lazarus who had been dead for four days with every cell, gland muscle, and bone defective.

Nothing is too difficult for You. You have given my spirit eternal life and Your Word says, “If the spirit of Him Who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you (and this He does), He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through the Sprit which dwells in you.” Ro. 8:11

Lord, I want Your Word to become a part of me. As You were the Word that became flesh (Jo 1:14), I want Your Word to become flesh through me. Your Word is healing health flowing into my blood stream and hence to every cell of my body, restoring and healing my body, all according to Your plan which You reveal in the Scriptures.

Therefore, all arthritis and related sicknesses are dissolving and leaving; my joints, muscles, bones are again functioning as You created them to function. You are purifying my blood, placing a balance of nutriments in my metabolism, restoring my entire vascular system to wholeness and health.

All infirmities and diseases must flee for the Spirit of God is upon me and the Word of God is in my heart, upon my mind, and uttered by my lips.

Fear, oppression, depression, paranoia have no power over me for I confess healing and health for my mind as well as for my body.

Your Word reveals that sickness and disease can come as a curse for breaking Your Moral Law (Dt 28: 58,59) but Your Word reveals that You, the “Christ, redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for me.” Gal 3:13

Therefore I am delivered from the curse of the law and all other curses in Your name, Lord Jesus.

And You bruised the head of the serpent by Your death on the cross, for you came to “destroy the works of the devil.” (1 Jo 3:8) and Peter reveals that sickness is an oppression of the devil. Acts 10:38

Jesus, “You have all power and authority in heaven and upon the earth,” and You have given me the power of attorney to use Your name, saying “resist the devil and he will flee from you, and in My name you will cast out demons.” (Mk 16:17) so therefore I claim victory over Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of my testimony. Rev 12:11

So I say, “By the blood of Jesus, I resist you Satan and command you to leave together with all evil spirits, including spirits of infirmity and unclean demons. Go! in the name of Jesus!”

Lord Jesus, You said, “I will restore your health and heal all your wounds.” (Jer 30:17)

Therefore You are restoring my health and healing all my wounds.

The Holy Spirit said, “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but You deliver them from them all.” Ps 34:19) Therefore, you are delivering me from every affliction.

And You said, “For you who fear my name, The Sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in His sings.” (Mal 4:2) and I do fear Your name as one who believes implicitly in You and that You are in me and never absent so therefore I know there is healing in Your wings for me.

David, by the Spirit, wrote, “Bless the Lord O my soul and forget not all His benefits; Who forgives all your iniquity and heals all your diseases.” (Ps 103: 2,3) therefore You have forgiven all my iniquity and healed all my diseases.

Isaiah, in speaking by the Spirit about the Jerusalem to which we have been called, said that, “no inhabitant will say, ‘I am sick,’” (Is 33:24) and Your Word reveals that as a believer my citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20) and that I have “come to Mount Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem” (Heb 12:22) therefore it is my right and calling to be free of all sickness.

You said in Your Word that these signs will follow those who believe, “In my name You shall lay your hands upon the sick, and they shall recover (Mk 16:18) and I have had believers lay hands upon me in Your name to berid me of all sicknesses and infirmities so therefore I know I am recovering.

All this is according to Your Word and Your Word is inviolate. And Your Word reveals further, “If anyone is sick, let them call the elders and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord, and the prayer of faith will save the sick man and the Lord will raise him up.” (Ja 5: 14,15)

I have been anointed with oil in this way for healing, so I know Your hand is upon me for total healing,

I know therefore that, according to Your Word, You are healing me. I am not going by what I see or feel for Your Word says that “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen,” (Heb 11:1)

I am not gauging my healing by sense perception but by revelation that comes through Your Word which You have given to me and therefore I am constrained to thank and praise You and give You the glory for my complete healing and restoration even before it is manifested tangibly before me.

Now I pray that the Holy Spirit will set a guard over my mind to keep me from any negative thought contrary to Your Word in respect to my healing, for I know the fiery darts of the devil will try to dissuade me in this my claim for healing according to Your Word.

I confess any negative thoughts of the past. I know too that if I regard iniquity in y heart, You will not hear me, and therefore I confess unto You all and every sin that I have recently committed knowing You are faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all sin.

And I hold no grudges or resentments against anyone who has sinned against me, even as You have requested in Your Word, that I may have a full rapport with you in this my prayer and confession for healing.

I present my mind to you as an instrument of righteousness so that I will think and pray and speak only in accord with Your Word. I know by faith that You are healing me, and I know I have been praying in accordance with Your will, and so I have confidence that I am receiving what I have asked for.

All glory to You, Jesus Christ, my Healer and Deliverer. My All in All, knowing that the glory also will go to the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit, for I have come asking my healing in Your Holy and Precious Name, Hallelujah, Amen and Amen!’

2 comments:

Paul said...

Pastor Herb Mjorud was an awesome minister! I saw him every year for at 3 or 4 in row. And even though I was a kid 0f 17 he made an impact on me. Charismatic is just one word to describe him a real man of God now reaping his reward in heaven.

Gabrielle Eden said...

That's awesome Paul! I was very close to Herb and his second wife Thelma, who I am still in touch with in Minneapolis. I was close to them during his last years. I actually got to house-sit for them while they were on a trip away from home. They were amazing! His ministry is nothing short of amazing! I don't think he knew God was going to use him so mightily when he began his Christian walk.