Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Letters For Life

Sorry, especially to Sherri for my bad April Fools' joke. I'm still alive!

And speaking of life, there is something we can do to remind Obama of how precious the lives are that have been lost to abortion.

I am sorry I didn't get this out sooner. I already sent my red envelope today, but you can still send yours tomorrow. The deadline for sending them out was supposed to be March 31st, so the impact is there - receiving a large number of envelopes. But he should be receiving these for a few days after.

You go purchase as many red envelopes as you wish (Kinkos, party supply stores,) address them to the president, seal them with nothing in them, and write on the back:

This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion.
It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world.


The president's address:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington , D.C. 20500

5 comments:

sherri said...

I gasped and my heart broke when I read "the news" today.

I kept reading in horror and disbelief only to be told it was a joke.

Next time, try something less horrifying! I'm a wimp- I can't take that kind of stuff.

I love you and I don't want anything to happen to you.

But if you were here, I put you in the time out corner!

Gabrielle Eden said...

Oh Sherri,

I am so sorry. I was being like a teenager - a viscious practical joke. I now realize that these type of jokes can make people feel humiliated, and just make you feel terrible.

it was so stupid. I deserve to be in that time out corner. See Burt Rosenberg's joke - he really knows how to do it right!

Helen said...

I knew it was a joke. But it did have me thinking that I should leave my passwords for Bob in case anything happened to me. How would you guys know? You would be looking for brilliantly funny posts on my blog for months before checking the obits...
;-)

Gabrielle Eden said...

That's a good idea, Helen. In my case, it would be a long time before any "brilliantly funny posts" would come along. Apparently, I can't come up with "brilliantly funny!" Ha!

I was hoping someone would guess at the garbage truck part.

Gabrielle Eden said...

That's a good idea, Helen. In my case, it would be a long time before any "brilliantly funny posts" would come along. Apparently, I can't come up with "brilliantly funny!" Ha!

I was hoping someone would guess at the garbage truck part.