Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bad Turned to Good!


I was going to a public laundry to wash a large rug for my mom in a commercial washer. I realized I had forgotten the clothes detergent and I was irritated and in a hurry. I quickly turned into a parking lot I came to and all I wanted to do was turn around. Sometimes I'm careless in looking behind me when backing up. I didn't see someone who was backing out. I backed into her.

First good fortune:

she was driving one of those old trucks with the hard bumper that doesn't get damaged in a bump. She said there was no harm done and I could drive away - no insurance information needed.

Now all I needed was to repair my car.

I immediately went to the body shop and got an estimate and it was $587.00.

Second good fortune:

I went to work later in the day and a young, Christian guy told me he could probably fix my car. He stuck his hand behind the bumper and pushed it out - making it almost like new. He sprayed some WD40 on the part that had paint left from the bumper of the truck I hit, and I wiped it off. Now all that remained were some scratch marks you could hardly see. It was almost like new!!!

I didn't need to go to the body shop.

God redeemed that situation.

I was feeling awful about it, wondering why I had done another stupid thing to hurt my car and what was wrong with me. God resolved it!

4 comments:

Guitarman said...

You did what many would not do. You asked for and accepted help.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Hmm Interesting thought.

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Good story!

And thanks for your honesty. I suspect there have been a bunch of people who I've worn out with my wordiness. So I'm trying to cut down a little bit. I temporarily forgot my own lessons on economy of words. Thanks for reading, even just a little bit!

Gabrielle Eden said...

Matt - what's so funny is that men are supposed to be less wordy than women, yet there are men like you and Jon Acuff - Yeow! WORDS! WORDS EVERY DAY! MANY TIMES A DAY!

It's interesting.