Monday, May 18, 2009

No longer a Christian nation...

What does this mean? Jed Babbin explores the reality of what this means for our future. An anonymous donor sent this to me.

While I agree with him, I am starting to understand that we cannot expect to enforce our values and our faith on a people who want to stray from God and from Christian values. If this is what they want, this is what they will bring about - through the laws they create, through the people they appoint. We cannot expect to step in and place political force and stop it.

We must pray for changed hearts.

4 comments:

sherri said...

I believe we should pray for those in authority over us as the bible instructs us to do.

Take a stand when we should, vote and let our voice be heard, but we can't force the hand of others, however, we do still have a voice.

Gabrielle Eden said...

AMEN!

Helen said...

I take heart in knowing that the greatest revivals happen in the most oppressed places. Maybe this country needs less freedom in this life to surrender to freedom in the next.

Gabrielle Eden said...

It's a hard thing to hear, and to know, but.....you're right. I am sad because the West is on its way out.