Thursday, July 2, 2009

Angels

Do you ever have this sense that someone divine is sitting next to you, and are perhaps watching you, in a good way - maybe to protect you or influence you in some way for good?

I have that sense during important crossroads in my life, when the pressure is on and important decisions need to be made.

Once when I was in crisis, I was staying in a motel out in the country, and a man came who had some connection to the police department, only he was in plain clothes. He asked me if I was from a certain town, and he said that he knew of me, and said that they have been watching me for years, and that I have great wisdom in how I do things.

In retrospect I realized that he was not a policeman. I could think he was linked to some kind of super surveilance system, and that "they" are watching me all the time, because I am so important. But I know that is not true.

I know, however, that God's angels, certain angels that He has assigned to me are indeed watching me all the time, because to Him I am so important. And I know that they manifest at times physically.

An angel will appear at times just as a person with a divine nature who stands by to protect me, or influence me for good. Once when I was camping in Montana, there was a young man who was camping alone in the spot next to me. He could have just been a person with a divine nature who God influenced to be there at that time, to camp next to me so I felt safe. Sometimes good people will act as angels in our lives, even though they aren't actual angels.

Today I took out an old bike, because a newer bike was in the shop. I started up the hill and went a ways from my home, but the tube burst inside when I tried to add air to it. On the long walk back home, a man in a pickup stopped and asked if I wanted a ride.

It's as if he knows me. He's like an angel, even if he's just a man. He was driving with two kids. It would be impossible to know if he's just a good man or an angel. But he knows immediately he can trust me, and knows I will trust him.

Usually for me, an angel is a man.

Are you aware of angels in your life?

4 comments:

concerned said...

I thought this was neat:
(from an email that's been around)
Guidance….

This is amazing that someone even thought of this

Dancing With God
When I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
Both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
Or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness,
And attentiveness from one person
And gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw "G": I thought of God, followed by "U" and "I".
"God, "U" and "I" dance."
God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
That I would get guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.
My prayer for you today is that God's blessings
And mercies are upon you on this day and everyday.
May you abide in God, as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting God to lead
And to guide you through each season of your life.
So let's continue to pray for one another.

concerned said...

...and this is from www.directionforourtimes.com

whether or not one believes or not the "volumes" (rather small)
are very interesting- check out the description of volume 9

Volume One
Direction for Our Times, Thoughts on Spirituality

Synopsis: What is it like to be a soul slowly awakening to God? This Volume describes Anne's early journey as she discovers God's special work for her. Most of us will follow in these same footsteps as we gradually turn from worldly pursuits to heavenly ones. Our paths will not be without obstacles, nor without their special joys. This is a good book with which to begin your personal commitment to Jesus and to the mission He is offering to you.



Volume Two

The Eucharistic Heart of Jesus

Synopsis: Jesus begins His "School of the Heart" with a poignant reminder of His great love for us-which we all know about but invariably forget over time--and invites us to begin working on critical changes to our actions, thoughts and intentions. He shares glimpses of heaven and of the great rewards awaiting us if only we turn from this secular world to His world of love and holiness. “My Children, would you like to know how to please Me?”

Volume Three
Part 1: God the Father Speaks to His Children
Part 2: Blessed Mother Speaks to Priests and Bishops

Synopsis: In Part One, God the Father communicates to His souls upon the earth, both those who are with Him, and those who are against Him. Readers of this Volume are invariably struck by His awe-inspiring tone of unquestionable authority, His unlimited intelligence and His justice, which is tempered by unlimited mercy and love.



Volume Nine
Angels

Synopsis: If we could see the impact of angels upon our lives, we would instantly fall down on our knees in thanksgiving to God. Jesus talks about the role of angels in the world, and how they can help us in our journey to eternal happiness in heaven. Did you know that certain houses draw angels to them...or that, during Mass, the church is filled with thousands of angels?

Angels nurture us, guide us and protect us. Jesus teaches us how to make maximum use of them to achieve eternal happiness. "Just as saints have enhanced powers during these times, so do angels."

Gabrielle Eden said...

Concerned - that was beautiful!

Dancing with God!!!!

Let's continue to pray for one another!

concerned said...

this man spoke to his angel when he was a young boy.
from www.padrepiodevotions.org
then click on biography:
(second paragraph)
Even as a young boy, Francesco had already shown signs of extraordinary gifts of grace. At the age of five, he dedicated his life to God. From his early childhood he showed a kind of recollection of spirit and a love for the religious life. His mother described him as a quiet child who, from his earliest years loved to go to church and to pray. Because he was able to see and communicate with, not only his guardian angel but also with Jesus and the Virgin Mary, as a young boy, Francesco assumed everyone had the same experiences.