Friday, February 26, 2010

funny story......




What does an American heritage quilt have to do with Barack Obama? Right. Nothing.

But I was at a major department store the other day and found the perfect, American heritage style quilt. It was on sale. It had old fashioned lettering all over the back, but I thought it was the Declaration Of Independence or something like that. They were also advertising that a blanket would be given to someone in need for every quilt sold. So I bought it.

I brought it home and found out that on the back was the inaugural speech of Barack Obama!!!

I returned the quilt promptly. I told them that I was the wrong person to be selling this to!

The cashier was very polite - trying to be non-partisan.

Can you even believe that?

The quilt was made back when Obama was being worshiped. Now it was half price. That didn't last long!

But really, even if it was Bush's inaugural speech, it would have been a little weird having it on the back of my quilt!

Totally weird!

4 comments:

Guitarman said...

Good for you giving it back. Hopefully they at some point will have to just wheel barrel them all over to the thrift store.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Chuckle chuckle!!!

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Hey Gabrielle, good to see you! That's funny about the blanket. I'm surprised it didn't have a giant 8x8 foot photo of Obama's face on the back.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Hey Matt, that's funny. Good to see YOU. Your last post was hilarious!