Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love Maxine

A friend just sent a bunch of Maxine cartoons. They are too good for words!

The reason I like this cartoon is that this saying bugs me. "Everything happens for a reason." Do you know that this isn't really scriptural?

Many things happen because of Satan. Satan is the god of this world and causes disasters. Many things happen because sin has reaped its reward. God does not expressly cause everything that happens.

Romans 8:28 promises that all things "work together" for good for those who love God and are called according to His promise. Things work together for good, not all things are good, nor were they planned by God.

That's why you never catch me saying, "everything happens for a reason" and that's why a cynical response to that saying in this cartoon cracks me up!

4 comments:

Helen said...

I like her humor, too.

Gabrielle Eden said...

God bless you Helen. God heal your heart!

Jeff B. said...

I'm glad you added your commentary to the post of the Maxine cartoon. Good insight on this issue......I think that reinforced something for me. I will better know how to answer if anyone I encounter tries to blame God for bad things that happen--like all these earthquakes that have been happening lately.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Amen, Jeff!