Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Honesty is the best policy!"

It's an old saying, and surely true. I finally couldn't stand it any longer. At my job they were asking me to be dishonest, and I finally decided "no!" Besides, they are illogical. By being dishonest with potential customers, they shoot themselves in the foot - telling them that they will have someone come out to give an estimate, then snubbing them, not sending anyone out,and making them mad. "Word of mouth is the best form of advertising." That is not as old a saying, but it is surely true as well.

By standing up to them, I have now lost my supervisory position, and the good pay I was receiving. They told me they want to use my skills, then insulted me and said that they weren't sure it was even worth ten dollars an hour to pay me for using those skills.

I'm not just up and leaving the company. I know that may sound strange, but I am waiting. I am waiting on God. I want to love the people I work for, not be angry, not retaliate. I'm not walking out in a huff. I will begin looking for another job as God leads me to do so.


Please pray for me. I have to walk by faith now - now that I have been demoted due to standing up for truth. My pay is so small, and it's so hard to live off it.

2 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Oh Gabrielle, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you did the right thing though. I will pray for you.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Thanks W.B.!!!!!!!!