Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm Giving Up On My Blog!

I am getting weary of my blog. When I think of a new post that tells about something that happened in my life, I think, "no one is listening."

It hasn't bothered me too much that there are very few comments, but comments would help me to connect with readers. Without them, this gets to feeling like I'm just making a journal to myself, which has value, but what is the point of it being online?

This has started to feel rather pointless.

I am beginning to give up on this project, and wondering if God has some other project for me.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I am sorry I haven't been commenting. I have been reading, but the summer job gave me less time to spend on line, so I have commented and been on twitter much less.
I'm sorry you feel discouraged by the lack of comments.
I hope you enjoy whatever you do next.
Love, Helen

Gabrielle Eden said...

HELEN - I'm sorry if I am making you feel guilty. My post is probably making someone feel guilty.

I just wanted to express the feeling of futility that exists when you are posting, but you feel as if no one is listening.

Sometimes you wonder if you are doing something worthwhile, or if it is just talking to air.

I thought if I posted this, someone would respond and reflect back to me if this is true or not.

But I didn't want anyone to feel guilty. That wasn't my intention.

You go on doing what you normally do, because that is just fine with me!