Friday, March 11, 2011

100 Trillion Dollars

A guy at work just handed me a 100 Trillion dollar bill. It is from Zimbabwe and it is real. He says it is worth about 10 dollars American. True - look it up on Wikipedia. Zimbabwe has had the least valued currency in the world, and in 2009 just started using currency other than their own. In other words, the dollar bill handed to me is obsolete.

It just got me laughing. You know what they say about the glass being half empty or half full.

In Zimbabwe dollars, I am earning 100 Trillion dollars an hour!!!! See, it all depends on how you look at it.

I had to laugh at God's sense of humor. I said to God, "you weren't talking about Zimbabwe dollars when you promised me prosperity were you?"

So funny!

3 comments:

Bike Bubba said...

Thankfully, they don't use this currency anymore in Zimbabwe--and the graph below suggests that i the person paid $10 for that bill, he got robbed. Final exchange rage for the Zim dollar was about 10,000 trillion trillion Zimbabwe dollars per U.S. dollar.

Ouch.

Bike Bubba said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ZWDvUSDchart.png

Gabrielle Eden said...

I doubt the guy paid anything for that bill - he probably got it because it was obsolete. That is the most over-inflated economy I have ever heard of!!!!!