Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tramp For The Lord, by Corrie Ten Boom

This is what I am reading right now. I love her story. I love her spirit and her passion for God, and her hope for women of any age - with no children and no husband. She lived life to the fullest!!! She was in love with Jesus!

In reading her, I realized something: I don't like people. I just don't like people very well. I am going to have a hard time being a good minister of God, because basically, I just want to go away and be alone. People are a constant source of disappointment, and discouragement. In the West, I find people are constantly dragging me away from a fervent passion for Christ. Unbelief is rampant. People who represent God at the pulpit fall short of bringing the kingdom of God to the earth. Few people desire God's presence enough to try to bring His presence to the earth.

I am just weary of people. In reading Corrie Ten Boom, I realize that in order to be a missionary, I have to love people!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I want is to find God's presence, and soak in it, and soak up from Him what I need. Without Him, I cannot do anything.

2 comments:

FB Linda Borgmier Norris said...

I know exactly what you mean - I was preparing for the ministry decades ago and realized I didn't like people. I believe the Holy Spirit revealed this to me...so I repented and asked God to put HIS love in my heart - the same love Jesus had on the Cross...and HE DID! It changed my whole life and ministry. God bless you as you tramp for the Lord! = ) Linda Borgmier Norris

Gabrielle Eden said...

Thanks Linda - glad you know what I mean. I'm trying to deal with the past right now - the roots of feeling this way. Hopefully God can then touch the hurt places.