Friday, July 30, 2010

Daily Prayer For The Single Woman

Lord Jesus,
GUARD MY GOING OUT AND MY COMING IN FROM THIS DAY FORWARD (PSALM 121)

GUARD MY HEART
GUARD ME FROM THE DECEITFULNESS OF MY OWN SIN
GUARD MY TONGUE AND MY ACTIONS
GUARD ME FROM MEN AND WOMEN IN LEAGUE WITH THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL, SONS OF YOURS OR NOT
GUARD ME FROM THE TRAPS SET FOR ME
MAY I ALWAYS SEE YOU BEFORE ME - THE ONLY TRUTH
MAY I ALWAYS PRAY BEFORE I BEGIN TO WORRY OR BECOME FEARFUL
HEAL ME OF WHATEVER CAUSES ME TO SIN AND WHATEVER KEEPS ME FROM LOVE
MAY I SOMEHOW MAKE YOUR TRUTH REAL TO OTHERS AND BRING THEM INTO YOUR LOVE
BRING ME TO THOSE WHO THINK AND FEEL AS I DO ABOUT YOU!
HELP ME TO HAVE FAITH REGARDING A HUSBAND, BUT TO LIVE AS IF IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER
SURPRISE ME! HAND ME YOUR INSCRUTABLE AND HUMOROUS WAYS OF DOING THINGS, ALWAYS
LEAD ME ALWAYS BACK TO LAUGHTER
WHEN MY MIND BECOMES HOSTILE TO YOU, BRING IT BACK TO YOU
MAY I TRULY BELIEVE, BEYOND ALL I THINK, ALL I FEEL, AND ALL I SEE
AMEN

2 comments:

Helen said...

Amen.

Gabrielle Eden said...

Helen - you're so sweet. I haven't even been commenting on your blog, or saying much to you on Facebook. Thanks so much. And again, I wasn't trying to force anyone to comment, I was just trying to talk to the world out there and saying, "hey world! I really need to know that this is for someone out there, not just to the clouds." That was all.

It is not an attempt to make anyone feel bad so they'll comment.