Sunday, April 12, 2009

Freedom From Religion


When I saw GodTube's new site called Tangle, and their motto, "freedom from religion," I was offended. That's because I am so immersed in the terminology of the church!

I forget that religion was the arch enemy of Jesus. I forget that what we have is not religion but a relationship with God.

Religion is what is sending a lot of people to church today, on Easter - you know, go to church on Christmas and Easter. It'll kind of wipe out any transgressions you've committed in between those times.

Man. I'm free. Jesus paid the price. I don't have to do things to pay for my sins.

I don't go to church to appease God. I go to connect with other people who want encouragement in their faith, who want friendship with other believers.

And I didn't go to church this morning. I stayed home, and then went to the coffee shop.

2 comments:

Shark Bait said...

Quite thought-provoking that.

<-SB><

Gabrielle Eden said...

Hi Shark Bait!